Old computer users (Was: Re: Laptop (cell phone) in my pocket?)

Ryan Rix phrkonaleash at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 20:31:29 MST 2009

On Tue 7 July 2009 6:53:41 pm Alan Dayley wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 4:50 PM,
>
> kitepilot at kitepilot.com<kitepilot at kitepilot.com> wrote:
> > Did it..
> > Remember when I (AWE...) saw the firs CGA and flew M$ Flight Simulator IN
> > COLORS!!!
> > All 8 of them!   8)
>
> It was WAY COOL!

> > Man, you *ARE* older than dirt!   ;-)
>
> Our high school had one of these beauties:
>
> http://www.omnidatasys.net/product/spec_printer_ti820.htm
>
> When the terminals acted up, we could use this to get on the district
> main frame.  It was already old then, but not yet uncommon.
>
> Alan

Thank you for changing the subject line ;)

The funny thing about all of this, and talking to the retro hacker guy who
sits next to me at work, is that I know what all of you are talking about, and
I'm only 17. Not sure that's depressing or not xD

I guess that's what happens when you have the Jargon file and various
'history' books and lore saved to your desktop and your pda for idle reading
;)

Ryan