Series 2 Tivo Setup Help PLEASE

Kurt Granroth kurt+plug-discuss at granroth.com
Sun Jul 5 20:05:09 MST 2009

Your best bet, by far, is to try the ,401# hack.  I used that for years
with no problems.

Obviously, it won't work well (at all) with the wireless USB... so don't
use it!  Get an approved wired USB adapter and plug it in.  You can
always return the adapter if you won't need it later.

I will say this, though: Have you used the network features of a TiVO
before?  If not, then you may not be satisfied with its speed over
wireless.  Heck, I wish it was quite a bit faster over a 100Mbps wired
connection... a wireless one felt almost like analog modem speed
comparatively.  You may find that you'll want to keep the wired adapter
after all.