Fwd: call for ABLEconf volunteers (fwd)

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Sun Jul 5 04:10:10 MST 2009

moin moin,

we need help getting the word out for ABLEconf. Those who participate
in other groups such as TFUG, ASULUG, AZloco, PhxBUG, AzPHP, LUGY, etc.
please forward this over to their lists if you think it appropriate.

Please also tell friends, neighbors and co-workers as appropriate :).

ciao,

der.hans
#  kill telnet, long live ssh - der.hans

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 03:54:36 -0700 (MST)
From: der.hans <ABLEconf+discuss at LuftHans.com>
To: discuss at lists.ABLEconf.com
Subject: [Discuss] call for ABLEconf volunteers

moin moin,

ABLEconf is Arizona's premier Free Software event. We are looking at a
Saturday in Oktober for the conference this year.

The Arizona Business and Liberty Experience ( ABLE conf ) is a
business-oriented Free Software conference organized by a coalition of
many Arizona Free Software groups.

In order to put on the conference we need volunteers. Our greatest need
right now is help in getting the word out such that we can get
participation from more groups and hopefully also pick up more volunteers.

ABLEconf will be in Tempe, but it's a state-wide effort. We specifically
want participation from all parts of Arizona.

We need volunteers to help with promo dispersion. Essentially you would
review promo posts from ABLEconf and pass them on if you feel they are
appropriate for the group or media outlet you're interfacing.

Mailing lists, newspapers, blogs and social networking services are
examples of possible groups we want to notify.

We will usually have recommendations as to which types of outlets should get
the message, but it is up to the individual monitoring a group to
decide whether or not to post the notice.

It is possible for multiple people to monitor a particular outlet. They
will need to then work together. It's also possible for one person to
monitor multiple outlets :).

As an example, I feel this post is appropriate for PLUG and LOPSA-US-AZ,
which I'm currently interfacing, so I will forward it to both of those
groups, but whoever would be interfacing TFUG would look at it and decide
if it's appropriate for TFUG.

http://www.ABLEconf.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page#Open_Positions

Join our discuss mailing list if you'd like to participate. Please also join us
for our weekly IRC meetings every Sunday night in #ABLEconf on Freenode at
20:00.

http://www.ABLEconf.com/participate

Sunday, July 05 will likely be a small meeting due to the holiday, but
please join us on the 12th and help us put on ABLEconf!

Suggested dispersal: user groups, blogs, social networks, FOSS news
outlets, Arizona community organizations.

ciao,

der.hans
#  Nobody grows old merely by living a number of years.
#  We grow old by deserting our ideals.
#  Years may wrinkle the skin, but to give up enthusiasm
#  wrinkles the soul.  -- Samuel Ullman