Ummm...need a little bit of router config help...

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sat Jul 4 18:00:29 MST 2009

My mail use is very different that others, since I am operating at Defcon
Level 3 most of the time (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DEFCON) due to
security work, public persona.

ssmtp works great for outgoing mail to gmail:
http://www.sysadminsjourney.com/2008/09/01/use-gmail-as-an-smtp-relay-using-ssmtp

mailx and msmtp work too:
http://www.ericstockwell.com/?p=3

I also just use Sendmail SMTP/TLS to gmail (with cox - they limit ports):
http://www.linuxha.com/other/sendmail/

There is also PostFix and FetchMail versions:
http://linuxgazette.net/115/chirico1.html

And KMail:
http://www.linux-archive.org/kubuntu-user/263638-using-kmail-send-mail-through-gmail.html

And ruby:  (nice within Puppet)