Ummm...need a little bit of router config help...

Joseph Sinclair plug-discussion at stcaz.net
Fri Jul 3 16:57:41 MST 2009

Lisa Kachold wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 3, 2009 at 3:59 PM, Jim March <1.jim.march at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Any idea what I've missed here?
>
> I believe that the Quest DSL allows port 80 inbound, but I would check this.

I think Lisa may have hit the problem here:

Try setting the forward on the router to route some other port (e.g. 45786) on the outside interface to your zoneminder server on port 80.
If that works, then you're dealing with a QWest issue, and you should be able to just use some alternate high-range port.

BTW, don't try the obvious 8080, 8000, etc...  If they block 80, they typically block those too.  They almost never block ports above 32768, however.