Failed DVD Write

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 12:08:21 MST 2009

Eric,

It IS a coaster although when I insert the disc in this or another machine
the pop-up says I have inserted a Blank DVD, properties on it show it to
have no content and no free space.  Obviously some initialization was
accomplished before the error.

BTW, googling "WRITE @ LBA=0h failed with SK=0h ASC=00h ACQ=02h" yields lots
of results and from different distros, hardware, and media manufacturers
though a lot of the same software (brasero, cdrecord, growisofs) since they
are pretty ubiquitess.

Matt,

They are issues, problems, errors, and WTFs because English is defined and
used imprecisely.  Therefore, we have words with many definitions and
synonyms both real and defacto.

Thanks for your suggestions.  I will try some of them but I got the disc
burned by taking the .iso to another machine with the same distro (ubuntu
9.04) and using the same method (right click on the .iso file and choosing
"disc burner".  I typically do not descend to command line where the gui
methods work much more easily.

So the immediate issue is solved but I'd still like to know why this happens
occasionally on my HP dv6250 laptop.  Maybe it is the media issue or the
thin model optical drive.

Lisa,

Thanks for the references.  The ubuntu forums one was not much help except
for naming some potential causes I already knew.  The fedora reference has
more detail as you say but will have to look into that one when i have more
time as with Matt's troubleshooting suggestions.

--
Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry