Shell Account

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Thu Jul 2 10:54:49 MST 2009

On Thu, Jul 2, 2009 at 10:33 AM, GK <gm5729 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Lisa... I was on the page the last 2 days.. See my original post NO one
> has accts, or they have inane requirements, or they don't exist, or they
> charge.
>
> Vi^3PP

In troubleshooting (and decision making in general) we often find that our
basic premise is flawed.
Rethink that premise:
http://www.ixibo.com/2008/10/list-of-free-linuxunix-shell-account-providers/

Other solutions:

ssh -L (port number SSH tunneling):  Often useful across 443 to transcend
firewalling to your own home (running of course on a unique port with keys,
root disabled and wrapped for dictionary attacks, with iptables).

weechat can be ported to Android [if you have G1/G2]?  Other smartphones
have chat apps?
Angel Chat (or any of other free chat sources) http://www.angel-art.com/bbs
CDMA or other network USB device on your notebook that moves with you to
give you your own private IP/network.

(503)754-4452 wiki.obnosis.com
scientology.obnosis.com