OT: HTML Emails -- Re: Other than frys where would you get server hardware

JD Austin jd at twingeckos.com
Thu Jan 29 12:08:56 MST 2009

On Thu, Jan 29, 2009 at 11:11 AM, Robert Holtzman <holtzm at cox.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 29 Jan 2009, Dazed_75 wrote:
>

> > I don't know but I did change to using plain text for some time because
> of
> > the desires of certain people here.  The loss of functionality was
> > bothersome so I finally switched back to the rich text mode of gmail.
>
> Excuse my ignorance but what functionality does HTML give you?
>
> --
> Bob Holtzman
> "Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

To me that's like saying what functionality does a color tv have over black
and white or what functionality does your ipod provide over my portable
cassette player :)
The ability to use bold, italic, underline, formatting, fonts, colors,
hyperlinks and a lot of other things HTML gives you make email much more
readable (yes some people do go overboard).  Javascript should not be
enabled in email clients but plain html is just fine (except for the blink
tag).
--
JD Austin
Twin Geckos Technology Services LLC
jd at twingeckos.com
480.288.8195x201
http://www.twingeckos.com

Laurence J. Peter  - "It's better to have loved and lost than to have to do
forty pounds of laundry a week."