[Article] Cox ready to throttle P2P, non "time sensitive" traffic

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Thu Jan 29 06:48:36 MST 2009

>> why should my downloads from a P2P network...
Apologies, I think I didn't make this clear.
My customer can (and do) download whatever they want to, what I stop is Joe
Annon downloading P2P stuff FROM my customer's puter.

>> rate limit your customers to their contracted rate and
>> minimize over selling your bandwidth?
This iss a pretty broad and dense statement.
I don't know how may networks (or how big) you manage, but there is more
than just "rate limiting".
Never mind the wireless part...

>> over selling your bandwidth?
That's an even bigger can of worms and escape the purpose of my message,
which is stir the discussion towards "Shaping"   :)
Enrique