Kernel Scheduler

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Tue Jan 27 07:41:31 MST 2009

With more recent kernels, you don't have to compile your own to select
a different scheduler.  It can be done at boot time.  (And maybe even
while running by setting a value in /proc.  I forget...)  I have found
the deadline scheduler the best for database systems.  The cfq
(default) scheduler was second.  I have no idea for desktops or other
types of uses.

http://www.devshed.com/c/a/BrainDump/Configuring-and-Optimizing-Your-IO-Scheduler/

alex