Linus Torvalds Switches to Gnome

Joshua Zeidner jjzeidner at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 14:08:23 MST 2009

On Mon, Jan 26, 2009 at 1:25 PM, Ryan Rix <phrkonaleash at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > And still, NO ONE CARED.
>>

>>  ?
>>
>>  -jmz
>

> i don't understand why it is important what desktop manager some kernel
> developer uses (I'm understating, atm, i know). I use what I like and what
> some other person uses doesn't matter to me and i don't understand why it
> should to anyone else.

 hey Ryan,

 ah, well a reasoned statement deserves a reasoned response...

 Linus is an important authority in the Linux world.  Its possible
that his decision is not well informed- but from my perspective, its
obvious he does know a lot about Linux and uses it regularly.  Out
here in the 'real world' lots of parties want to influence my choices
for a variety of reasons, and I know that Linus is not likely to have
some kind of ulterior commercial (or other) interest.  And that goes a
long way.

 Remember, there are lots of other parameters for adoption aside from
personal usability preference.  But as it goes in the Linux world, the
choice is yours!  best, jmz