Red Hat vs. Fedora

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Mon Jan 26 00:37:09 MST 2009

Am 22. Jan, 2009 schwätzte Thomas Cameron so:

moin moin Thomas,

> So if you wanted to get an idea of how Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5 runs,
> Fedora 6 might be a fair example, but it's been EOL for ages.  The
> latest version of Fedora, Fedora 10, is not going to be very
> representative of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5, as it is actually built
> from much newer code.  There are significant changes in Fedora 10,
> including a new virtualization engine (KVM), newer window managers,
> newer sysadmin tools, and so on.
>
> Please let me know if I can be of service to you or PLUG.

You can get us presentations :).

For instance, I recently did a presentation on the most recent Ubuntu
release. After the most recent Fedora release I asked on the list for
something similar but got no offers :(.

I'd love to have someone come in to talk about RHEL and/or Fedora. Heck,
I'd love a Red Hat and Free Software history presentation outlining many
of the projects that Red Hat has lead over the years.

Presentations on specific stuff like KVM, PulseAudio and JBoss would also
be great.

ciao,

der.hans
#  HERE LIES LESTER MOORE