Trying Fedora

leegold leegold at fastmail.fm
Fri Jan 23 19:48:14 MST 2009

Hi,

I'm finding Xubuntu 8.10 to be unstable.  A lot of people on this list
seem to be into Fedora disto - I'm downloading the iso now. It's ashame,
Xubuntu feels wonderful - but it acts weird, things freeze and crash. My
theory is that there are so many distros that the quality of the
programmers is spreading thin...I don't think it reflects on Debian, I
tried the desktops based on freeBsd which is rock solid and fast. But
those distros where unstable too. Slackware desktops had problems too.

Lee G.