GrandCentral via Asterisk

James Finstrom jfinstrom at rhinoequipment.com
Mon Jan 19 23:04:21 MST 2009

As far as I am aware grand central was cool a year ago but slowly
faded in to obscurity. Asterisk can be as powerful as a stealth bomber
or cripled to the level of a yugo all depending on the end user. I did
a presentation a few months ago the slides are on postug.com. As far
as features go the answer to most "can it" questions are yes. I
personaly have ubuntu 8.04 running asterisk 1.4.21 with inbound
termination from two providers and outbound through a few other
providers which allows me to basicly have full phone service as well
as toy phone numbers for a few bucks a month. My inbound calls are
automaticly screened through public databases for undesired callers
like telemarketers etc and said folks are transfered to a robot that
sounds like a senile old man.   I can tell you asterisk is awesome but
I have thousands of hours behind the wheel and I am able to make
asterisk contort as a result. A new user should expect a lot of lost
hair. I recomend getting a copy of the book "asterisk the future of
telephony" I know 2 of the 3 authors and they do an awesome job. Let
me know what you are looking for and how much effort you want to put
in I will give you some recomendations. If you want an asterisk
consultant I do believe JD Austin is doing just that which is an
option if you want asterisk without the learning curve.

--
Sent from my mobile device

James Finstrom
Rhino Equipment Corp.
http://rhinoequipment.com ~ http://postug.com
Phone: 1-877-RHINO-T1 ~ FAX: +1 (480) 961-1826
Twitter: http://twitter.com/rhinoequipment
IP: guest at asterisk.rhinoequipment.com