OT: Redmond

Josh Coffman joshcoffman at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 12:12:32 MST 2009

well its looking a lot better than Vista even though its still in Beta; and
stuff tends to get tightened up and more efficient just prior RTM.  So this
should be mountains better than the Vista release.

I wouldn't bet on it for old hardware or netbooks though. It's still
microsoft ya know.  Yeah, Win7 weighs in around 16gig, which is a far cry
from the metric ton of Vista. 16gig is still not a flyweight.  At one time,
I think I had a usable Fedora install around 7-8 gig without trying; don't
remember for sure.

-j