No subject

Thu Jan 15 19:51:16 MST 2009

ribed as "Vista without the crap". It performs nearly as fast as WinXP and =
with far lighter hardware requirements than Vista. (which isn't hard)=A0 Fr=
om the screenshots I've seen, it has a lighter look and feel that Vista, bu=
t that's just "make-up".=A0 I'm going to make a vmware machine with it so I=
'll see for myself.=A0 Since it will be on the same machine (mac) as my Win=
XP vm (which I do use a lot), I'll be able to compare them easily.

Vista was a near daily frustration, either I've gotten used to the pain or =
its gotten a little less painful. Probably both. I still don't like Vista. =
I have to deal with it though. So I hope Win7 is better, a lot better, beca=
use windows a part of my job.=20

As an aside, I use Vista, WinXP, and Mac OSX a lot. Ubuntu holds itws own a=
gaints all of them. I've read some people think Win7 is a linux killer (spe=
aking of the netbook market). I don't buy that at all.=20

-j