2012

Matt Graham danceswithcrows at usa.net
Sun Jan 11 11:47:18 MST 2009

After a long battle with technology, Jamie Shackles wrote:
> The Aztec calender ends on December 23 2012.

You Mean "Mayan Long Count calendar".

> So a lot of people have predicted this as the end of the world.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mayan_long_count has a pretty reasonable account
of this whole thing, including references to Mayan stelae that show future
dates beyond 2012.

Basically, you don't need any more canned food and shotgun shells for Dec. 21,
2012 than you do for any other day.  (Reminds me, I need to get some more
00-Buck....)

--
   Jesus is the best radio producer in the beans.  We need some saliva
   and pickles to get mad.   --MegaHAL, "The Best of MegaHAL"