****Re: Linux Administration - Users in (any) database howto/why...

Joe joe at nationnet.com
Fri Jan 2 16:40:20 MST 2009

Good point on TLS. The /etc/ldap.secret is where I had the problem. If
you put that file on an end users machine, wouldn't they be able to boot
into single user mode or sudo and read that file? Doesn't that file
provide the keys to the kingdom? Once you have full read access to the
directory. can't you read all the user id's and hashes and gain access
to every other system? Sorry if this was already a hackfest activity and
I missed it.