****Re: Linux Administration - Users in (any) database howto/why...

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Fri Jan 2 08:37:43 MST 2009

I agree completely that LDAP as a standard, especially with Postgresql LFS authentication (including web systems scalability) is a viable, already engineered solution that will do what he needs.

If he follows the HowTo's initially, he should be able to get this solution up and running and be able to scale systems as he goes along.  Once he pokes it a few times, he will catch on.  One doesn't need to go deep into the mechanics and embrace the complexity immediately?  Also, LDAP has an added benefit of being able to convert trivially to Open Directory management, so he could actually have the WINDOWS ADMINS DO USER MAINTENANCE!!!!

www.Obnosis.com |  http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Citations:obnosis |  (503)754-4452
January PLUG HackFest = Kristy Westphal, AZ Department of Economic Security Forensics @ UAT 1/10/09 12-3PM