need help with NFS and user authentication

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sat Feb 28 22:11:47 MST 2009

You might approach this from the the other (Apple Mac Kerberos) side.

Apple NFS/Kerberos will do what you want (files are created with the Kerberos principal rather than uid 501, they're assigned the same gid as the directory in which they're created, and mounting the filesystem can be setup to require only a user principal rather than full-blown host/NFS keys).

http://support.apple.com/kb/TA24986?viewlocale=en_US

<Go ahead, flame me for this as OT posting (but "NO" Mac fits in to the technocracy as a NIX, whereas Gate-sys are well, $easytargets)!>

obnosis.com | wiki.obnosis.com| (503)754-4452
PLUG HACKFESTS 2nd Saturday Each Month at Noon - 3PM