boooo hoooooooo

Lisa Kachold lisakachold at obnosis.com
Sat Feb 28 09:01:18 MST 2009

I have experience with EDVO CDMA "broadband" cards.

This is a simple ppp connection.  I had to do a kernel rebuild for an old Ubuntu system (3 years ago).  I set one up for Peter Koegel also (under Gentoo).  The hard part is getting the settings for the pppd.conf - so write down your connection specifics (username/password, everything - gateway, from your current card before rebooting/rebuilding).

Here's the Ubuntu guide:

Choose a livecd and test it there first before rebuilding your box.

You can always ghost copy the XP install from the drive to say a Terrabyte USB (or jumpdrive) [under $150.00] and then restore it later?

This is really easy now that the drivers are there for USB devices in recent distros!

obnosis.com | wiki.obnosis.com| (503)754-4452
PLUG HACKFESTS 2nd Saturday Each Month at Noon - 3PM