flash bios dos usb stick

koder hmichels01 at earthlink.net
Fri Feb 27 15:45:36 MST 2009

My 530 is running BIOS 1.0.10, halfway between what you have and where
you are trying to go.

I too was having difficulty with the upgrade from Ubuntu 7.10 to 8.04.

After much hair pulling a tech noted that the memory chips on my 530
desktop were installed in the incorrect slots on the motherboard. After
relocating them, the installation of 8.04 went flawlessly.

When I tried to go from 7.10 to 8.04 on my Dell laptop, it would die
every time (at least three). I poked on the Ubunty site and found out
that I needed to revert to an earlier kernel upgrade. I had that version
still sitting on my system. I booted to it and the upgrade went
flawlessly.

Those experiences are what led me to question your process.

I have heard stories of BIOS upgrades gone awry and trashing the MoBo.
The whole process gives me great trepidation.

If you want to proceed, would an installation of an old Windows or DOS
OS in your computer permit the flashing you are desiring?