OK, a REAL Linux question... ; -) I need a"one-liner" (because I am lazy)

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Thu Feb 26 16:57:32 MST 2009

>> *diff | wc -l* for each combination of file?
>> have you tried ls -t, to see when the files were modified ?
There are several hundreds of files in a 10-15 depth tree.
That means that "ls -t" won't work, and firing a loop to diff each one, to
every other, will yield so many false positives that the result (if found)
will be lost in the noise.

It has to be some sort of "fuzzy" diff.
I used to use a program called Uniquefiler that did that for pictures.
Sometimes it would come up with some very creative matching, but in general
it was an excellent program.
I don't it need now, but I'd certainly like to know if someone knows of a
Linux variant.
Thanks!   :)
ET