OT- Need Windows XP Login Help

Dorian A. Monroe, II dorian.monroe at cox.net
Wed Feb 25 10:34:32 MST 2009

Check to see if you have any password complexity policies in place.  Go
to start->run and enter "gpedit.msc" to open the local group policy
editor and go to Computer Configuration->Windows Settings->Security
Settings->Password policy.  Since you're there, check under Local
Policies->User Rights Assignment and be sure that the user that you're
trying to create belongs to one of the groups listed under "Allow log on
locally".

When creating a user account, I would recommend just using the command
line:
    NET USER newusername newpassword /ADD