OT: Windows troubleshooting question

Jason jasons at spatafore.net
Tue Feb 24 16:55:21 MST 2009

Paul,

There's several tools that *might* help with this. Take a look at the
collection of tools from SysInternals (which appears to have been
purchased by MS.) The tools are free...but you can see process explorer
which may help determine where the hang is happening.

If it's a Win9x application running on XP, don't forget about the
application compatibility mode that could help.

If you're running it from the command line, you can redirect the output
like in Linux, but only the > and >> redirection.

If it's an application that requires the 32-bit environment, you can run
it from the command line adding "explorer" before the command, which
will make explorer open the application but may provide you some useful
output in the command window. Not sure how well that will work.

Let us know.