Microsoft to train 2 million people FREE

James Finstrom jfinstrom at rhinoequipment.com
Mon Feb 23 11:53:39 MST 2009

Marketing is the key term. Sure free software is free as in beer but the
marketing machine behind Microsoft is the key. This was well demonstrated
with the Mojave project and the new commercials with the 4 year old girl
sending a picture via Email. Linux does all this for free and in fact these
folks were handheld or shown a video of the actions they were not stuck in
front of a screen and told figure it out. So Could we do a Linux Mojave
project, absolutely I am sure you search youtube for Linux and cool  and you
will see alot of cool stuff but without the marketing machine what does it
all equate too. We ride a fine line between promoters and elitest. There are
those who think everyone should and others who don't wanna see a bunch of
stupid n00bs taking from their coolness. I would imagine a Linix really
needs a blast of marketing from a big player in the neighborhood of what IBM
did. Something to give us the WOW factor.