OT:Exchange good? (Was:Re: new hotness?)

Bob Elzer bob.elzer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:13:48 MST 2009

Well I haven't used the latest exchange and it's been a while, so maybe you
can tell me if they worked around the issues I had with it.

It requires it's own server. On a single core server, it bogged the system
down so much, we couldn't run other apps. (granted it's probably best to do
that, but when you don't have the budget for it, you have to do)

There's no way to look at the raw email message on the server. Or go through
all the mail boxes.

Recovery requires a second machine. From what I remember it was convoluted,
but you need a second box.