new hotness?

Stephen cryptworks at gmail.com
Thu Feb 19 14:51:55 MST 2009

I have been looking about for the new hotness as it were. and
wondering what dis has something really groundbreaking that makes it
worthwhile to look at.

I guess part of me is tired of the flavor of the month distributions
that are esentially something else with a new look and a slightly
different package base or whatnot.

for example Fedora Directory Server is very interesting to me, because
whether we like it or not this will be a windows heavy world for some
time. but what else is there that i cna really sink my teeth into. or
even whats worth doing that with?

My personal list of Distributions i have spent some real quality time with

Ubuntu/Debian
Fedora/Red Hat new and old/Centos
Suse/Opensuse
Gentoo

and a few other that more or less were a repackage of one of the above

Stephen