Fedora 10 GNOME and KDE

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Feb 16 18:02:14 MST 2009

On Mon, 2009-02-16 at 17:14 -0700, Rhune Lord wrote:
> GNOME
> http://www.howtoforge.com/the-perfect-desktop-fedora-10
>
> KDE
> http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/2008/12/01/testing-fedora-10-kde-edition/
>
> I have been a Kubuntu fan for some time but the Gnome based Fedora 10
> live disk I have is making me think about switching and I want to load
> CentOS as a dual boot so when I head back to Mesa Community I will be
> able to front either distro I see used the most in classes. Now I am
> just trying to figure out what GUI I should use the most so
> troubleshooting will be easy.  I am debating running CentOS 5.2 in KDE
> and Fedora 10 in GNOME so I can try and have both environments
> available.
>
> Help? Thoughts? Ideas? Beach Towel?
----
1 - Instead of a live disk, you might find a 4 Gb USB key disk useful
and you can even store stuff on it.

2 - KDE on Fedora 10 has now updated to 4.2 and it's really starting to
look good

3 - CentOS should be releasing 5.3 any day now.

4 - CentOS KDE is older KDE-3 which is what you've been using on Kubuntu
and it's find.

I wasn't much interested in centos on my laptop. I consider it a server
OS.

Craig