Decent, cheap SATA controller

Joe Fleming joe at selectitaly.com
Thu Feb 12 12:21:40 MST 2009

I don't have any of the errors handy, but I know it's not fixed in
Ubuntu 8.04LTS (with latest updates) or the newest Knoppix.

Here are some links I found when I was looking around for the errors.

The first link talks about the corruption problem, The second link I
found when searching for my error, but again, I don't recall what my
specific error was. There are a lot of reports about the card having
problems coming back online after being in standby, but I had all ACPI
stuff turned off so that wasn't my problem.

Of course, it's possible that my card just died and it's not a kernel
problem. If that's the case, that card is barely a year old, so I still
wouldn't recommend it on that grounds. The card did work for about the
last year at least if that's worth anything...

-Joe