Rescuing laptop HD

Jason jasons at spatafore.net
Sat Feb 7 20:01:11 MST 2009

On Sat, 2009-02-07 at 17:15 -0700, Ryan Rix wrote:
> I don't have another laptop to plug this drive (it says on the outside
> of the drive uSATA ro something like that) into, and what I want to
> know, is what kind of hardware do I need to plug it into a a standard
> SATA bay on my desktop so that I can get out the data (which,
> oopsmybad, is not backed up)

A SATA drive is a SATA drive. Unlike 2.5" IDE drives, which had a
different connector, all SATA drives have the same connector and you
should have no problems as long as you have a SATA data and SATA power
cable.

You should be fine. Pop out the drive and see if it will fit. If the
connectors fit, I wouldn't be concerned.

Of course, I have to disclaim...use this advice at your own risk.