LOPSA booth at SCaLE

der.hans PLUGd at LuftHans.com
Wed Feb 4 21:53:43 MST 2009

moin moin,

As you may have heard, LOPSA will be doing classes for SCALE U and will be
doing a booth at SCaLE this year.

http://scale7x.socallinuxexpo.org/conference-info/scale-u

SCaLE is fast upon us and we need volunteers for the booth and to assist
with the classes.  We are specifically looking for volunteers for the
following things:

1. Someone local with a car who is willing to act as a "gopher" during the
SCaLE U classes on Friday, Feb. 20th, and when we are manning the booth on
Sat., Feb. 21 and Sun., Feb. 22.

2. People who can volunteer on Sat. and Sun. for two hours shifts to staff
the booth. If you are willing to do at least four shifts across both days,
LOPSA will provide you with a pass to SCaLE.

If you are interested in volunteering to help us with LOPSA activities at
SCaLE, please email scale at lopsa.org as soon as possible.

As posted the other day, we are also doing some ride and room sharing from
Phoenix. Let me know if you're interested in that.

Some info about SCaLE and LOPSA is included below.

SCaLE is the premier Open Source Community conference in the southwestern
United States.  SCaLE promotes Open Source software in a vendor- and
distribution-neutral conference consisting of technical seminars, product
display, software demonstrations, and tutorials.  More information on
SCaLE is available at http://scale7x.socallinuxexpo.org/.

The League of Professional System Administrators (LOPSA) is an independent
nonprofit professional association dedicated to advancing the practice of
system administration. The LOPSA training program is vital part of the
LOPSA mission to serve the System Administration community and advance the
profession.

LOPSA provides educational and networking opportunities, a forum for
support and ideas, and an active community engaged in discussion of
sysadmin issues. As a member driven organization, LOPSA's best ideas come
from its membership; IT professionals looking to influence the field of IT
can join LOPSA to find other IT professionals to collaborate on projects,
advance the state of the art, and search for and share the best practices
in IT.

For more information on LOPSA, visit www.lopsa.org, or contact the
executive office: 15000 Commerce Parkway, Suite C, Mt. Laurel, NJ 08054;
Phone: 856-439-0500 or toll free at 800-285-2141; Fax: 856-439-0525;
E-mail: info at lopsa.org.

ciao,

der.hans
#  "I guess I should've agreed with my boss more often. Today I was replaced
#  by a bobblehead doll!" -- Randy Glasbergen, 13Mar2006