NOT OT: re plain text vs HTML

Technomage technomage.hawke at gmail.com
Wed Feb 4 14:09:01 MST 2009

Dazed_75 wrote:

> **** Technomage, do you know if your reader works right for a message
> that Thunderbird sends with that 4th option?
>
> The Tbird address book allows you to specify for each recipient what
> format they prefer.  I notice also that the send options in
> Thunderbird allow format selection based on the destination domain.
> Mine shows a number of domains under HTML, but none under Plain Text

it can handle it most of the time. however, JAWS (the package I now use)
gets flaky with some web
pages that can get embedded in mails. I have taken this matter up with
freedom scientific, but they are
slow to respond to such things...

I just wish that speech synthesis wasn't such a nitch market thing, the
prices would be substantially lower
and the software loads better. I am taking a look at the newest knoppix,
but as of this date, I don't know
if it'll support the card that JAWS uses.