OT: Windows 7 breakdown of SKU's

stu w wien33 at cox.net
Wed Feb 4 02:28:00 MST 2009

Actually, according to what a Microsoft spokesperson told Mary Jo Foley
( http://blogs.zdnet.com/microsoft/?p=1890&tag=nl.e589 ),

<quote> “Customers can purchase upgrade media and an upgrade license to
move from Windows XP to Windows 7; however, they will need to do a clean
installation of Windows 7.” (Microsoft still isn’t ready to talk
pricing, but at least you know now you won’t have to buy a full
license.) </quote>

So, it ought to cost both Vista users and XPers a bit less to cram
Microsoft's newest, freshest P.O.S.* into their computers when it gets
released later this year. Needless to say, with the economy going the
way it is, I don't foresee a lot of early adopters.

* Proprietary Operating System