EMAIL LIST EXPANSION: Was Hackfest Security: Dubai HackintheboxConvention Anyone?

Tameek Henderson tameekhenderson at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 10:34:44 MST 2009

Do you guys know of any viable alternatives to syncing your Blacberry Calendar with Linux?  Ideally I would love if it worked with Thunderbird or even Eveolution.  Google allows over the air syncing of your contacts via Google Mobile Sync.  Unfortunatly this app doesn't go far enough to allow wirless syncing of your Google Calendar to your Blackberry and vice versa.  There is a OS project that I found called GcalSync.  www.gcalsync.com. I just installed this on my Blackberry and it installed fine except for an out of date  security certificate that I was notified of as I ran the install.

After the install that's when the real fun began.  GcalSync asked for my credentials and after clicking ok (actually you click "accept") I get a Java error

Error: https connection to https://google.com/accounts/clientlogin failed due to Java.ioException: open tunnel - failure - synchronization failed

At that point I click ok, and then it hang on trying to authorize my log in credentials.  I'm not very familiar with Java errors, but I think this error has something to do with out of date certificate.  Maybe we can put our collective brains and help this guy out; this seems to be a nice little project.  Any thoughts?

Tameek Henderson
646.427.3205
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/5/116/522

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile