Google Problem 1/31

Jason jasons at spatafore.net
Sun Feb 1 14:13:21 MST 2009

On Sun, 2009-02-01 at 20:26 +0000, Tameek Henderson wrote:
> I'm starting to believe hating Microsoft and/or Apple are prequisite
> for this Linux Groups.  Anyway, my name is Ty, I'm a noob, also just
> moved to Arizona.  Good day to you all.

A lot of people say that. But the reality is that you get sick of
Microsoft and their games. Apple, I kinda like them now that they are
moving away from the DRM crap and so on.

I don't think that we hate just Microsoft...we hate people who
continuously try to monopolize and restrict growth to their own private
gains.

That, of course, is the exact reason why people like Open Source
Software, and why Linux is growing.

Now, ask yourself, does Microsoft try to monopolize and restrict growth
(and even usage)? Does Apple? Does Linux? BSD? Unix? What about Cisco
and their IOS?

So, is it a prerequisite to hate those restrictive companies?

I'll let you ponder that and maybe you can see why there is "bad blood"
between some of us and those companies.