Google Problem 1/31

Charles Jones charles.jones at ciscolearning.org
Sun Feb 1 13:38:23 MST 2009

It's interesting how many haters are jumping into the fray to bash
google for what was a simple mistake. Hell my ISP has made way worse
blunders including "accidentally" shutting down their entire network for
hours, and it wasn't the top headline on CNN. Google makes one little
mistake, admits, explains, and apologizes for it, yet still so many
people are "ZOMG GOOGLE SUX!!".  I also know more than one person who
refuses to use gmail because "Google reads your email". I try to explain
that yes, they do *parse* your email via scripts and whatnot in order to
display relevant ads, but apparently they cannot get the vision out of
their heads of some sweaty Google IT guy eating cheetos in a recliner
while he personally reads their private emails.

Okay starting to go off on a tangent, just wanted to comment that I
noticed lots of people are almost gleeful that google "finally did
something wrong".