Google Problem 1/31

Jerry Davis jdawgaz at cox.net
Sun Feb 1 10:20:29 MST 2009

On Sun, 1 Feb 2009 09:17:30 -0700
James Mcphee <jmcphe at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 1, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Dazed_75 <lthielster at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Someone at the instalfest said he was getting google results that every
> > page referenced was bad.  Here is the explanation from Google:
> >
> > http://googleblog.blogspot.com/2009/01/this-site-may-harm-your-computer-on.html
> >
> > --
> > Man is the only animal that laughs and weeps, for he is the only animal
> > that is struck with the difference between what things are and what they
> > ought to be.
> >  - William Hazlitt

> Wow.  A notable lack of the standard blame game.  That's a downright
> refreshing press release.

well the online posters are having a field day with this.
they think that google will lose billions because of their screw up.

some posters are saying they have "lost a lot of respect" for google because of
the error.

it was human error, and if these stupid posters knew how much human error was
in code all over the world, I guess they would "lose respect" for just about
everything -- maybe they have anyway.

what a bunch of jerks.

--
Happy Trails!