In need of Linux computer

mike havens bmike1 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 15:33:16 MST 2009

Hey all; as you may know I am trapped in the world of windows at the moment
but would like to break free of the M$ shackles. Would anyone happen to have
a computer on which Linux will work they would be willing to part with? It
can be a Windows 98 box for all I care! I gave my b rother a ride home today
and he gave me his non working computer. So I brought it home and plugged it
in. Nothing! No post... no beep... not even the flicker of a light
indicating life. I'm thinking that it could be the power supply (he was
having power surges) but it might be the 'soft switch' (this computer is
from '99). If it might be power supply and someone has one could I test out
my theory?....
specs:
compaq power supply
part number: 124892-001