network woes

Mark Phillips mark at phillipsmarketing.biz
Tue Dec 22 19:18:10 MST 2009

Trent,

I ran into a similar problem today - my network slowed waaaaaaaaaaaaaay down
on me. All I used was ping to methodically to check all the connections and
found that a switch was reseting itself and dropping packets. Basically, I
turn everything off, reset all the routers, cable modems, etc, and then turn
on one piece of equipment at a time and ping to the main router to see if I
can connect and if there is any packet loss. You can find a out a lot of
information by being methodical and knowing your network topology.

Good Luck!

Mark