Off-topic: strategy board games / war games

Kirk Bauer kirk at kaybee.org
Tue Dec 22 08:03:04 MST 2009

Sorry for the off-topic post, please reply only to me directly
(kirk at kaybee.org).

I have noticed a high correlation between Linux geeks and
Boardgame/Wargame geeks.  So I wanted to send out a one-time feeler to
see if anybody on this list lives in my neck of the woods and might be
interested in some gaming.

I live in far Northwest Peoria, but sometimes we game at somebody's
house at 101 and 7th St.  If you live near or are willing to travel to
either of these locations, and if you like board games such as
Euro/German strategy games (1-2 hour games, e.g. Settlers of Catan,
Puerto Rico, Ticket to Ride), economic games (3-6 hour games, e.g.
Roads & Boats, Merchant of Venus), or light war games (e.g. Axis &
Allies, Twilight Imperium) please email me directly and let me know
what you are into and where you live, etc, and I'll include you in
future event emails (although I won't be doing much of anything for
the next couple of months).

Thanks!