OT: How to send email that is both text-only and/or html?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 15 09:28:44 MST 2009

Furthermore, it dos this for addressees with unknown preferences.  The
Thunderbird Address book lets you specify text/html/unknown as a preference
for each person in your address book if you are so inclined.  It also has a
checkbox for allowing remote images in the email (don't do it to me BTW).

I do not know what happens when you send an email to multiple people and you
have them set to different preferences in the address book.

Larry

On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 7:50 AM, Charles Jones <
Charles.Jones at ciscolearning.org> wrote:

> When you send email with the Thunderbird mail client, it gives you the
> option of sending it text only, or both text and html.
>
> -Charles
>

> On Tue, Dec 15, 2009 at 7:48 AM, Josef Lowder <joe at actionline.com> wrote:
>
>> .
>> Is there a way to send an email message that is both text-only
>> and/or html?  While I totally agree with keeping most email
>> text only, and I very rarely use html ... it is nice to send a
>> Christmas letter with embedded photos, and some nice holiday
>> graphics.  So what would be the best way to do that and still
>> have a text-only version delivered to friends and family with
>> dial-up only connections for whom emails with lots of photos
>> might be a problem?

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
 - Thomas Jefferson