FLASH disk as swap

kitepilot at kitepilot.com kitepilot at kitepilot.com
Thu Dec 3 09:07:53 MST 2009

>> swap is generally not needed
This doesn't correlate with my experience...
But then again, my experience can be wrong.    :)

What I (believe to) have seen however, is that Linux wants swap no matter
what.

I also tend to abuse the memory though.

Is there an "official" answer for the question "Does a Linux computer need
swap?"
ET

PS: Yo initialize a swap partition with mkswap.