Mysql Injection Scanner

Trent Shipley tshipley at deru.com
Tue Dec 1 19:40:05 MST 2009

The classic recommendation to protect yourself from SQL injection is to
use parameterized queries religiously.  A potential SQL injection point
is anywhere you concatenate SQL including user contributed text instead
of putting the user text into a SQL parameter.

A side effect of parameterized queries is that the SQL parser in the
RDBMS can often/usually pre-parse and optimize the parameterized queries
so they run faster.

But you probably already knew that.

That said, a magic static code analyzer that would effortlessly find all
potential SQL injection points for you would be nice.  It will also be
dependent on the procedural language you are using.  Are you using PHP#?