Droid/Android

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Tue Dec 1 17:57:44 MST 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 17:45 -0700, Trent Shipley wrote:
> I'm stuck with a Blackberry, which is OK.  It sounds like your
> (Craig's)
> experience jives with the reviews,  "Droid is a phone geeks will
> love."
> That means it's a niche product.  OS X is the best consumer OS I've
> worked in.  I bet the iPhone still beats the Droid for *typical* user
> experience ... except for the network thing which Phoenix iPhone users
> I've known hate.
----
well, I was sort of focused on the Linux desktop and the various
alternatives and mentioned the integration but...

My friend Scott is clearly not a geek and he loves his Motorola Droid.

As far as I can tell, Most iPhone users also struggle with getting
beyond basic usage/features and either need classes at the Apple store
or a geek friend to show them things so I am not so convinced that there
is that much difference.

In the final analysis though, Apple is locked and Droid is not locked.
Same choices for a desktop computer as a mobile telephone.

Craig

believed to be clean.