OT: How to add a column of numbers in oo writer?

Dazed_75 lthielster at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 04:37:43 MST 2009

Additionally, if/once they are in a table and there is a blank cell below
the column/right of the row the tool tip that pops up has the summation
symbol in it and you can click on that and assuming the formula that shows
up is correct, just hit enter or tab.

On Tue, Dec 1, 2009 at 2:29 AM, Andrew Farris <flyindragon1 at aol.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 00:03 -0700, Josef Lowder wrote:
> > How can I add up a column of numbers in oo writer?
>
> are they in a table? If so, you can enter formulas into the table as
> though you are in calc, and they will be processed. just go to an empty
> cell, hit "=", then start typing a formula. you can even click/drag to
> select table regions.
>
> If they're not in a table for whatever reason, you can put them in a
> table by highlighting them, and hitting ctrl+F12, or going to "Insert >
> Table".
>
> I don't know how else you could do this... I tried inserting a formula
> with "Insert > Fields > Other" and going to formula, but I couldn't
> reference any numbers that way.
>
> Hope that helps!
>
> --
> Andrew

Dazed_75 a.k.a. Larry

The spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions,
that I wish it always to be kept alive.
 - Thomas Jefferson