configure a test SSL

keith smith klsmith2020 at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 31 18:50:06 MST 2009

Here it is.  Thanks!

Also log shows this about 10 times

[Mon Aug 31 18:30:09 2009] [warn] RSA server certificate CommonName (CN) `newcart.dev' does NOT match server name!?

<VirtualHost 192.168.20.20:443>
   DocumentRoot "/work/dev/newcart.dev"
   ServerName newcart.dev:443
   ErrorLog logs/ssl_error_log
   TransferLog logs/ssl_access_log
   ##LogLevel warn

   LogLevel debug

   ##SSLEngine on
   ##SSLProtocol all -SSLv2
   ##SSLCipherSuite ALL:!ADH:!EXPORT:!SSLv2:RC4+RSA:+HIGH:+MEDIUM:+LOW
   ##SSLCertificateFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/localhost.crt
   ##SSLCertificateKeyFile /etc/pki/tls/private/localhost.key
   #SSLCertificateChainFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/server-chain.crt
   #SSLCACertificateFile /etc/pki/tls/certs/ca-bundle.crt

   ##<Files ~ "\.(cgi|shtml|phtml|php3?)$">
   ##    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
   ##</Files>
   ##<Directory "/var/www/cgi-bin">
   ##    SSLOptions +StdEnvVars
   ##</Directory>

   ##SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" \
   ##      nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown \
   ##      downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0

   ##CustomLog logs/ssl_request_log \
   ##       "%t %h %{SSL_PROTOCOL}x %{SSL_CIPHER}x \"%r\" %b"

</VirtualHost>

Keith Smith