configure a test SSL

Alex Dean alex at crackpot.org
Mon Aug 31 15:23:01 MST 2009

On Aug 31, 2009, at 4:30 PM, keith smith wrote:

> Where do I want to put these files?
>
> In /etc/httpd/conf.d ?
>
> and then I will need to setup the virtual host to use port 443 in
> the ssl.conf ? Correct?

You can put them wherever you want.  Reference them with
SSLCertificateKeyFile and SSLCertificateFile directives.

http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslcertificatekeyfile
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_ssl.html#sslcertificatefile

I think the RedHat/Fedora convention is /etc/ssl or /etc/httpd/cert or
something like that.

Yes, you do need to set up a new VirtualHost listening on port 443.
Note that you can only have 1 SSL virtual host per IP address.

alex