OT: Re: Politics/Ethics: Operation PinWale - Obama AdministrationSeeks Emergency Control of the Internet

David Huerta huertanix at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 09:52:26 MST 2009

On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 8:49 AM, Dorian Monroe<dorian.monroe at cox.net> wrote:
> In defense of Ryan, the idea that only landowners should be allowed to vote is so absurd that many would consider that "racist".  I took Ryan's reply to be merely mocking the ignorance (and racist undertone) that only landowners should be given the right to vote.  Since we're pointing fingers and all...

Its an interesting point to bring up.  Given the historical context,
landowner-only-voting would conjur up a point in American history that
was segregated.  That might make it racially sensitive, however,
outside of its century+ old baggage, I see nothing intrinsically
racist in landowner-only voting; SRP does this currently in its board
election, so you'd have to say they're racist and that anyone giving
them money is supporting racism.

> I bit on the flame bait.  I promise not to comment any more!  :)

It gets the better of all of us, eventually...

--
[.dh]