Politics/Ethics: Operation PinWale - Obama Administration Seeks Emergency Control of the Internet

Jason Spatafore jason_online at spatafore.net
Sun Aug 30 15:11:23 MST 2009

On Sun, 2009-08-30 at 13:53 -0700, keith smith wrote:
> Jason you say "Ultimately, there is nothing to fear really.".  There
> is everything to fear and it is illegal.
>
> Our founding fathers wanted to make sure we were protected from this
> type of thing by giving us the Bill of Rights.

As a government for the people, by the people, things do change. Our
forefather's gave us rights but we, the people, have changed those
rights over the years. Please do not be too focused on a 200 year old
Bill of Rights...things changed, and they were changed in the presence
of the people and were changed by the people. The government is *passing
a bill* for this...that is the proper procedure to make this happen.
Just because it's proposed doesn't mean it is already happening.

The president is asking for permission...it is up to us to grant it.

Much of what the government is doing is *perfectly legal* according to
the laws. We, the people, just wonder how those laws got in place
sometimes because, well, we have jobs and lives to live.

And I'll tell you now...until I have the ability to directly vote on
every law directly (not representative), I will not rally, testify, or
otherwise engage in our system. I vote. That's the only thing I can
really do. I do not want to sell people on ideas and I do not care to
engage in politics as they are now.

Give me my right to directly vote on EVERY SINGLE BILL that is going
through the Congress and I will engage. Until then, I snuff my nose at
the layers of bureaucracy and crap in our system. Give me my direct
say.